So, I love to talk. I love meaningful conversations and I spend alot of time on the Internet (admittedly, it’s something I am actively trying to reduce/find strategic ways to use) trying to extract useful, positive information – from quotes, inspirational videos etc.
There Is More is a regular round up of inspirational musings, thoughts and takeaways that I have come across or caught my eye recently:
There Is More | #1
- Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz is a self-help book which advocates these four main principles as the stepping stone to living with more freedom and happiness.
- Be impeccable with your word
- Don’t take anything personally
- Don’t make assumptions
- Always do your best
Really, clear concise summary here if you’re interested.
- Dr Ranjan Chaterjee takes a holistic approach to health. He advocates the 4 Pillars of Health – Relax, Eat, Move, Sleep and urges us to take a look out our health taking into account each of these elements.
- Who or what is a soulmate? Saw this quote in the YouTube comment section in another one of Lewis Howes’ videos here
"People think that your soulmate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soulmate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master..." - Elizabeth Gilbert
- Abundance Log – It is the act of keeping track, by documentation, of everything there is to be grateful for in your life, from something as small as having a bed to sleep in to as big as fulfilling a lifelong dream. I have been doing this over the past few months and it is such a brilliant way to redirect my focus onto the positive things in my life. I originally came across this idea whilst watching Leoor Alexandra’s videos here.