Plaza de España, Sevilla
Currently studying Translation & Interpreting (Spanish & English) at KU Leuven in Belgium.
Semester Abroad Destination: Universidad de Alicante, Spain
Going abroad for your education can be stressful, especially if you haven’t decided on a destination. There are so many destinations, so many countries out of which you can choose yet such little time. You want to find a place where you can learn and establish contacts with people abroad but also where you can feel at home and still experience the “student life”.
Now imagine a place where you have clear blue skies and beaches all around… If you like that thought then you should definitely go to Alicante! Here is why you should consider it:
Castillo de Santa Bárbara
- Activities – There is a wide range, such as scuba diving in one Spain’s most beautiful islands, water sports and sightseeing.
- Literally everything is much cheaper than in other European cities (food, clothing, public transport).
- Ideal for students who want to learn Spanish but also meet Spanish people, who, by the way, are really nice, open and helpful! There are many organizations which can help you find future internships, jobs or other career opportunities.
- Spending cozy nights at the beach until sunrise (incredible view guaranteed!).
- Ability to interact with the Spanish culture, you can discover a new way of living.
- Never-ending discovery: there are so many (well-known) places you can visit which are close to Alicante such as Benidorm and Calpe.
- Tropical landscaping – One noticeable thing about Alicante is that the entire city is filled with palm trees instead of regular trees. You immediately feel like you’re on holiday on a tropical island 🙂
- The Experience: spending time abroad is not always easy especially if you chosen a destination far from home, however, it’s an important step towards becoming (more) independent. Before you leave, you may feel anxious, maybe scared but later on, you learn to see things from a different perspective. Being in Alicante, you will not only be able to do that but you will also get to experience new things.
View from Castillo de Santa Bárbara, Alicante
Baños de la Reina, Calpe
San Juan Beach, Alicante